Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fakers are hard for me to swallow.

So I was looking around the web tonight and I ran across a former model of mine. To my surprise the once sweet and innocent "girl next door" type did a complete 180 after leaving the scene (having now come back again) and turned into Marilyn Monroe. Now don't get me wrong Marilyn was really hot (although I prefer Norma Jean) but only Marilyn could pull off that look and attitude. There have been many incarnations of her, but in the end they were all just fakers. Well I guess much like Marilyn herself.

You may be asking yourself, "Self, what the hell is Gwen talking about?". I guess what I'm saying is that it makes me shake my head when I see someone, and I know them personally, who completely changes for something or someone. This model I'm talking about seems to have morphed into what she thinks will "sell", but it ultimately just comes off as "fake" and not believable. When I'm on cam, I'm me. What you see is what you get, and if you don't like it go elsewhere. I know what I have to offer and it's well worth the price of admission. I try to bring my personal creativitity to my website, I'm true to my clients and friends, and I enjoy being who I am. I can fake my way through a photoset sure, but I'm playing a character (example: "Malice in Wonderland", "Willy Wonka's Mistress", "Superman's Girlfriend", Fat Miss Muffett", "Desperate Housewife", etc . . ) and it boggles my mind to see girls totally out of their element and not realizing it.

I think I may be tired and ranting as it's 1:15 AM, but this was something on my mind and since I'm blogging now I figured where better to get it out?

Anyhow . . . . I digress.

No comments: